As the weather goes from warm to cold, it's natural to feel some allergy symptoms. However, even though there is not a lot that you can do about the allergens that you encounter when you are outdoors this fall, you should not have to suffer from uncomfortable allergy symptoms when you are inside the house. Luckily, there are a few ways that you can get rid of fall allergens in your home.
Have Your Ducts Cleaned
First of all, if you have not had it done in a long time, you should consider having your ducts cleaned. Duct cleaning is a job for a professional because it can be tough to get deep into your ductwork, but it's totally worth the cost. Once you have your ducts professionally cleaned, you can feel good in knowing that allergens that were trapped in your ductwork are completely gone. Then, you do not have to worry about these allergens being blown around your house when your central heating and air system is running.
Change Your HVAC Filters Regularly
You should already be changing your HVAC filters once per month or as directed by your system manufacturer and the manufacturer of the filters that you have purchased. However, since filters are so affordable, it can't hurt to change them a little more often during the fall. Then, you can ensure that your filter is doing the best job possible at filtering out the air in your home and getting rid of allergens.
Kick Off Your Shoes Outside
After walking through the leaves during the fall, your shoes can carry a lot of allergens on them. The best idea is to leave them outside, such as by kicking them off by the back door in the garage, rather than bring them in the house. If this is not an option, consider at least placing an outdoor-friendly rug in front of your door. Then, you can wipe off your feet before you enter the house rather than after, and you can hopefully leave as many of the allergens outside as possible.
As you can see, it is possible to get rid of allergens in your home this fall, and it's not even as difficult as you think. If you follow these three simple tips, you are sure to notice a reduction in the allergy symptoms that you and your loved ones suffer from when you're at home.
My name is Marcus Thompson and about 8 years ago I found myself raising 3 children on my own. Before becoming a single father, I was too busy in my corporate world to even realize my home was falling apart. However, as I began spending more time at home, I began to notice all of the issues that were quickly causing my home's value to decrease. I couldn't afford to hire a contractor to fix these issues, so little by little, I began learning how to fix these problems myself. Over the years, I became a dedicated DIY enthusiast who is capable of fixing any issue I may encounter in my home. Creating this website is my way of sharing everything I have learned over the years with other parents and homeowners so that they too can begin taking control of any issues they may experience with their home.